Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sweet and Sour Pomfret


What? Fish again? Well, I had two pomfrets hibernating in the freezer. One became Ikan Goreng Sambal Lebur while its companion was turned into Sweet and Sour Fish.

It's one of my favorites at any Chinese restaurant be it a whole fish or fish fillets. And since I am quite adept at frying fish these days, I had no qualms frying another one.


The red, green and yellow peppers were leftovers from the Sweet and Sour Meatballs and I bought a pineapple to add on to the ingredients.

I am happy that my Sweet and Sour Pomfret turned out well, just a nice as the one at the restaurant, not that I am blowing my own trumpet hee..hee...

Sweet and Sour Pomfret
Recipe source : Phong Hong

Ingredients :
- 1 pomfret, make 3 slits on the sides of the fish
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/4 each red, green and yellow peppers
- 1 Holland onion, cubed
- 1/2 small pineapple cut into chunks

Sauce :
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 5 tbsp water

Thickener (mix together) :
- 1 tsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp water

Method :
1. To make the sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients together with the thickener. Set aside.
2. Dab the fish dry with kitchen towels and rub all over with tapioca flour.
3. Fry in hot oil until cooked and remove to a plate and set aside.
4. Remove some oil from the wok and stir fry the onions and peppers briefly.
5. Add sauce and bring to a boil. Add pineapple chunks and pour sauce over the fish.

Post a Comment

0 Comments